Dear Clive

Dear Clive Mr Clive McKeag - our senior consultant provides advice on a range of legal issues and is published weekly in the Chronicle Extra.

Dear Clive


I had an accident at work 2-3 years ago when I hurt my shoulder on a machine that I was working on. I didn't make a claim at the time as I was still working for the company. I still have pain in my shoulder since the accident. Am I still entitled to make a claim?




Dear Harry


You may be entitled to make a claim however we would urge you to get legal advice regarding this as soon as possible. You have a time limit of three years from the date of an accident to make a claim and so it would be helpful if you could establish the exact date you sustained your injury. If you sought treatment for your injury you may be able to find this in your medical records. If you need any further assitance with this, please contact us on 0191 213 1010.